Sandalwood High School
Built in 1971, Sandalwood is a diverse magnet school located on the Southside of Jacksonville, Florida. Due to the school’s growing enrollment, the cafeteria was in need of greater serving capacity and a much needed facelift. As a result, the DCPS Food Service Department is utilizing excess NSLP funds to improve the cafeteria and serving spaces.
• Included new custom and modern café furniture for an enhanced retail dining experience
• Including new café wall décor, paint, and signage specific to a re-branding of the school’s food service spaces and program
• Increased overall student participation, school spirit, and community pride in the school and the improved spaces
• Reduced the financial and resource burden for the facilities and maintenance departments
• Assisted the food service department in complying with federal regulations limiting net cash resources for the nonprofit NSLP program